- Taxon Expeditions, and/or any of its employees, affiliates and/or assigns shall not be responsible for any injury, including death, suffered by the Participant during the Expedition.
- Throughout the Expedition all personal items should remain at all times under your personal control. Taxon Expeditions is not responsible for the loss, theft, or damage of personal items while you are on the Expedition.
- Participants under the age of 18 years are not permitted to participate in the Expedition without a parent or guardian.
- Participants must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether some of the offered activities are appropriate for them.
- Expedition leaders are ultimately responsible for the decisions about the running, timetabling and the scientific output of the Expedition.
- Photographs taken whilst involved in the Expedition, may be used for display or publicity purposes and on the Taxon Expedition promotional material.
Payments & cancellations
- Taxon Expeditions accepts only electronic bank transfer as payment. However, the value of the transaction may be subject to taxes, foreign transaction, currency exchange or other fees. Your bank may convert the payment into the local currency and charge fees, resulting in differences between the expedition fee and the final amount charged to your bank account. Full payment must have been received at least 6 weeks before the starting date of the Expedition (to allow the reservation of the places in the field centre).
- If you cancel at least 3 weeks (21 day) in advance of the start of the Expedition, there is a 100% refund of the Expedition fee (minus transfer cost).
- If you cancel from 3 weeks to 1 week in advance, there is 50% refund of the Expedition fee (minus transfer cost).
- If you cancel less than 1 week in advance, refund of the Expedition fee is not possible.
- In the unlikely case that an Expedition needs to be canceled because of the events outside the control of Taxon Expeditions (natural disasters, civil unrest, etc.), there is 100% refund of the Expedition fee. However, we cannot compensate any other costs participants of a canceled Expedition may have made (flight tickets, hotel bookings, etc.).
- No refunds will be made to any participant who does not use all of the services (workshops, lectures, etc.) scheduled to be provided by during the Expedition.
- Delayed or cancelled airline flights will not be considered as a justification for a refund of unused services.
Insurance, vaccination & general health check
- You are expected to have health costs, travel, and liability insurance with adequate coverage for the area where the Expedition takes place and the activities you will perform during the Expedition. Furthermore, you are expected to visit your own tropical disease specialist for advice regarding vaccination and disease prevention.